Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Catrice Big City Life - Sidney palette


The last few limited edition collections that Catrice released were pretty disappointing, but when I first read about this one I instantly wanted to jump on my bike and ride to the store. Unfortunately I was sick that day and had no time to go shopping the days after so by the time I got to the store there were only 3 palettes and 2 nail polishes left. 


I went home with the Sidney palette and New York polish, and even though I only spent €9,5, I felt as if I just acquired a rare luxurious treasure. That's marketing for you..

The collection consist of 4 palettes and 4 polishes based on London, New York, Sidney and Berlin. The palettes contain 2 blush shades, 6 eyeshadows, a black kohl pencil and a brush. I swatched them all in the store and the only one that let me down a bit is the London palette.






My opinion:

Most of the eyeshadows are quite sheer to be honest. They are hard to build up and blend, so a good eyeshadow base is really a must. I do love the colors, there's a good mix of earthy tones and purples, great for autumn!

The blushes have a good formula, they aren't too soft and have just the right amount of pigmentation. Taronga Zoo is a warm matte pink and Opera house is a warm berry with gold shimmer, which reminds me a bit of Nars Outlaw in the pan. The kohl pencil is probably the best thing in this palette, it's creamy and very pigmented.


So although the formula isn't spectacular I'm still happy with this palette. For only €6,99 it's a nice addition to my stash. I'm going to buy the Berlin palette too if I happen to find it anywhere! 



Swatches:




What do you think of this palette? 


Pearl Squirrel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! :) Please be respectful and don't leave spam or blog links. You're always welcome to send me an e-mail or tweet!