Thursday, November 17, 2011

Isadora Forest Nailpolish


Swedish cosmetics brand Isadora has been around for quite some time, but it was only a few weeks ago that I first saw it being sold in a small store here in Belgium. I had no idea that you could find this brand around here!  I picked up some products from the Forest Groove collection for fall 2011, and today I will be showing one of the nail polishes.


Forest is a dark mossy green with tiny gold flecks. In sunlight the color leans more towards olive green, but in the shade it is a muted dark green with a hint of gold. I think it's great for autumn and winter, especially for special occasions where you would want to rock a more sophisticated color.


The formula is pretty good, it was opaque in only 2 coats. Unlike some other glass fleck polishes that I have tried, this does not streak, and applies so smooth that it doesn't really need a top coat for extra shine. The brush is very wide, which makes it easy to apply the polish very quickly. A normal sized brush works just fine for me, but I can imagine that a lot of people will love this kind of brush. It also dries quite fast, which is nice!

I really like this nail polish, but the only downside is that it only contains 6ml, and it isn't quite cheap (at least not here in Belgium) so I will only be buying more of these if Isadora comes up with some spectacular colors.. Sadly enough my local supplier doesn't offer many shades.

Check out www.isadora.com for more info!

What do you think of this nailpolish?
Are there some other Isadora products that I need to check out?

Silke

2 comments:

  1. I really like the gold one! Nice for Christmas aswell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it too! But I'm used to wearing brighter colors so I will need to get used to something this classy :D

    Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! :) Please be respectful and don't leave spam or blog links. You're always welcome to send me an e-mail or tweet!