Sunday, November 6, 2011

MAC Girl About Town Lipstick


A while ago I finally got around to buy my first MAC lipstick!

18 for a lipstick is not cheap, so it really had to be a special color and good formula. I am all about bright lips, so last time I visited a mac counter I walked out with a gorgeous pink color on my lips and in my shopping bag!



Girl about town is a perfect bright fuchsia pink with blue undertones. It is an amplified creme formula, which is very opaque with a slightly glossy finish. It applies like a dream, feels soft and smooth on my lips and smells and tastes heavenly. Yes, this was love at first sight! 


After 2 meals and 8 hours there was still a lot of color left on my lips, although the shiny finish had faded. The wear is definitely above average, yet it did not leave my lips dry like a lot of long wearing lipsticks tend to do. 

It smells (and slightly tastes) like vanilla. I really love it although I'm usually not too keen on scented make-up. The smell is very strong when you first open the tube, but after a little while it is hardly noticeable.

After many failed attempts I had to accept the fact that my crappy camera is not able to capture this awesome color, but this is the closest I got:



What do you think about this lipstick?

Pearl Squirrel

1 comment:

  1. Wow , nice color <3
    Love yr blog ^^ I follow you, follow you back?x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! :) Please be respectful and don't leave spam or blog links. You're always welcome to send me an e-mail or tweet!