Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Dior Fruit de passion blush


I bought this blush in a hurry to get out of the store. There was a stinky mish-mash of perfume fumes going on there, so I only swatching it on the back of my hand. I was a bit disappointed when I first tried it, but I've worn it quite a lot the past 2 months to give it a fair chance and it has really grown on me.


It's packaged in a black velours pouch inside a glossy cardboard box. The blush itself comes in a classic plastic case, with the CD logo layered inside the plastic giving it a 3-dimensional look.
I guess you either like this packaging or you don't. I think it could you a make-over! The brush that comes with it is not too bad, but I prefer my angled sigma brush.


The blush is called 533 Fruit de passion, and it's a pinky peach color. One side is medium toned and the other side is lighter. It gives a lovely silky finish to the skin, and when built up it gives a flush of warm pink with a subtle golden sheen. This blush is very finely milled and pressed really dense. Only very little product comes off when you run your brush over it.

This lack of pigmentation is what initially disappointed me. When I swatched it in store it seemed to be more pigmented, but I later realised that the tester had a lot of loose powder because people swatch it a lot. Luckily the color is buildable, but just not as much as I'd hoped. On the other hand: you hardly waste any product and I think it will last forever.

Below I have swatched both colors with my finger. Left is the blush color, and right the highlight color. See how the light shade is nearly invisible on my skin?


Because it mostly gives a silky sheen, you are not limited to the cheeks! I use this to bring some life back into my skin, like I do with bronzer and highlighter. Sometimes I also apply this underneath my eyes to brighten, on my temples and the tip of my nose and chin. It always looks very natural on fair skin and blends effortlessly. Since I've been using it like this, I'm liking it more and more.


What's your favorite blush?
I hope you're all enjoying summer!

Silke

2 comments:

Thank you for commenting! :) Please be respectful and don't leave spam or blog links. You're always welcome to send me an e-mail or tweet!