Sunday, January 20, 2013

Nectar of Nature cleansing products


A few months ago this new range of skincare products caught my eye at the Carrefour supermarket. I am generally pretty sceptical about products that are marketed as being natural and biological, but I stopped to take a look nevertheless because I loved the packaging so much.

To my surprise, both the eye-make up remover and the cleansing milk had aloe vera juice as the second ingredient in the list, the first being water. I love aloe vera, so I had to give these a try! I am not a big tonic fan, but I bought this rosewater tonic too just to be able to try all 3 products together.


My favorite product is the Delicate Eye Make-up Remover! Not only my skin is ridiculously sensitive, my eyes are just as bad. I rarely repurchase an eye make-up remover because I'm never satisfied with them. Most irritate my eyes or make the skin around my eyes turn red and itchy until I wash the product off with water. I'm happy to say that this one did the complete opposite! It gently removes eyeshadow and mascara, and doesn't do anything to upset my skin. This is definitely a keeper.


Another product I've been using a lot is the Delicate Cleansing Milk with aloe vera and argan oil.
I have been experimenting with the oil cleansing method, but I dislike using a steamy cloth for removing the oil. Having switched to mineral foundation and bb cream, I really needed a good cleanser. This cleansing milk contains aloe vera and argan oil and has a very neutral non-irritating effect on my skin. It has a very thick creamy consistency, and I just massage this into my skin.
They advise to remove it with a cotton pad soaked in toner, but I prefer just to wipe with a clean cotton pad or simply wash with water afterwards.




The toner would make a great addition to these cleansers for people with a normal or oily skintype. There is less alcohol in it than most toners, but still more than my sensitive skin can handle on a daily bases. It works great if you don't like to wash with water after removing your make-up, but I can't stand the idea of not having washed my face. I usually shower in the evening instead of morning anyway.

So the toner was not for me, but I really love the other products and I am already close to finishing my bottles. More on my favorite skincare products soon, but next up some swatches and perfume reviews!

Have you tried any of these? What are your favorite cleansing products?

Silke


7 comments:

  1. I actually prefer the toners with alcohol. I find that the ones that are alcohol free don't work as well for me. I don't feel that deep clean, either. In any case, great review. I've never heard of this brand before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about the deep clean feeling :) I used to use harsher products because it would make me feel like I cleansed really thoroughly, but it has an adversed effect on my skin. I don't know if they have Carrefour supermarkets where you live? It's one of their own brands, sold exclusively there. Thank you for commenting!

      Delete
  2. Yes i am a suck up for packaging too, but the ingredients for these looked good, and they're officially approved haha!
    But to be honest, my make up remover for now which i really love and ha no parabens what so ever is the massage bars from lush. Yes really. I use them to remove my make up.
    Makes the skin very soft since the shea butter is in there and you should try it if you have sensitive skin but know this first; i use a cotton pad to remove it after rinsing the face a lot and if this irritate your skin than maybe this isn't for you!! Just wanted to let you know!!/Azure

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to try the massage bars for massages anyway, so I could give it a try! I like oily or creamy products for removing make-up but need to wash it off with soap afterwards. Thank you for the idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you tried Bioderma Sensibio for cleansing and make-up removing purposes? :)
    I'm using up my third bottle of 500ml, it's that good :)

    It's really good for sensitive eyes and skin, and it removes everything :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard of it! I will look into it, thanks for sharing :)

      Delete
  5. I just found this entry on your blog while searching for Nectar of Nature retail outlets. My interest is slightly different to yours but still a sensitivity issue. Whereas for you it is your skin for me it is my nose. I am allergic to almost all perfumes. So I found this manufacturers products looking for a soap that will not cause a fit of sneezing and wiping my nose. I found a "Purifying soap bar" which has green clay in it. I found it in Carrefour in France where usually I struggle to find any soap that is not heavily perfumed. I like it. Makes me smell slightly primeval, as though I have just crawled out of a bog, but that's OK. I've written this as anonymous because I don't have any of the other types of account listed. I tweet from @eyegenic occasionally. Being a man I probably will not follow your blog for the cosmetic tips, but it looks like your blog is popular and appreciated. I hope that continues for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! :) Please be respectful and don't leave spam or blog links. You're always welcome to send me an e-mail or tweet!